Friday, February 5, 2010

Just Kidding....

So, early this morning....

It. Happened.

Yes, it did!

I woke up, and my water broke! I mean, judging by the state of things, it definitely broke!

I checked out the clock and it was 3:50 am... I had to know the time because they taught us at our Childbirth Class to know TACO. (Time, Amount, Color, Odor) I didn't want to mess up my TACO!

I got up and went into the bathroom to get a closer look. I had to be sure... and I felt sure that it had!

Man was I excited! Finally!!

So, I wake up Jason... and he bolts upright out of bed.

He starts throwing clothes on, chugs some Listerine and begins to throw all of our hospital stuff in the car.

Meanwhile, I figure out what I want to wear, brush my teeth... and make the bed.

I can't help it! I wanted my bed to be made! Shoot me!

Jason comes back in and sees me making the bed... he cannot believe it! He said that if this was a false alarm, that I'd better not make the bed the next time we have to leave for the hospital! Ha ha!

He then took the dogs out, took the trash to the curb...

And I started putting a few dishes in the dishwasher. I also had a few pans soaking in the sink from dinner that I really wanted to wash before we left.

I thought he might kill me if I did that though. So, as much as it pained me, I left them in the sink.

We put the dogs in their crates and walk out the door. I can tell he is anxious and very excited. I, on the other hand, am cool as a cucumber.

Once in the car I ask if he brought the birthing ball... He forgot it and runs back inside.

We then pull out of the driveway and are a few blocks from the house when he realizes that he forgot his watch. He is upset with himself... I didn't really care!

I tell him it's not a big deal, and we turn back around to get it.

We make it to the hospital in about 20 minutes, not bad!

I waddle into the ER and we wait a few minutes for the nurse from the Maternity Ward to come and get us.

Once up there they make me strip and put on one of those disgraceful hospital gowns. Then I'm strapped up to a fetal monitor, and have the once over done. (i.e. blood pressure, temperature, etc.)

Then the nurse uses this little strip that changes color to see if it actually is my water that broke... the strip says no.


Mind you, I put on one of those giant, industrial sized kotex pads at home before we left, just in case.... I was that certain!

So, she decides to wait another half an hour and check again... still not amniotic fluid.

Turns out it was just a combination of other "fluid", if you will, just not the amniotic type.


We did find out that I have dilated a little more and have been having contractions... but I was sad.

I was really hoping for baby. So was Jason.

So, I get dressed and waddle out of the hospital. By this time it's about 6 am and we're both starving. We stop at Dunkin' Donuts for some bagels and head on home.

No baby. Now we just wait some more....



  1. I had a false alarm like that. Swore my water broke, but the strip said no...I just peed myself. When I went to the doc two days later though (9 days overdue by this point) they did an ultrasound and said my amniotic fluid was low. Turns out I had been leaking the fluid slowly. So my water sort of broke.

  2. i have never heard of a false alarm like that! unless it was the mucus plug...but that is usually bloody!! ohh hang in there emmy lynn!


I'd love to know what you thought of this post! Leave your comments here. Thanks for visiting! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...