This year I'm going to do something a little different. Resolutions for myself are out and goals for the house are in! The Nester has a great list of goals for her home this year, so I thought I'd make a few of my own. I'm up to the challenge! Plus, it's good to push yourself out of your comfort zone and to make changes you might usually not make.
1. Finish the living room. I got off to a pretty great start.. but now I'm itching to change some things. Such as:
* Fabric the backs of the bookshelves
* Get rid of the mirror over the fireplace
* Mount the TV over the fireplace/Move bookshelves on either side of fireplace
* Find end tables
* Figure out what to put on the walls
* Paint room a light gray
2. Make the nook in our bedroom into a pretty/utilitarian space. This area now holds our computer/desk/printer and my NEW Silhouette machine I got for Christmas! (Thanks Mom!) Primarily it will be used to store my craft supplies, but will also be used for the computer. It's a small space so we have to be inventive and use what we have wisely.
* Put in shelving to hold printer/silhouette
* Paint accent wall
* Put shelving on walls and organize area so it's not always cluttered
* Organize supplies in an easy-to-access way
* New desk with more storage options
3. Turn our back patio into a place where we'd actually like to spend time. I'll be honest, our patio is a disaster. Right now it's covered in dead leaves, Jason's grill and smoker, as well as dog beds. Sounds relaxing, right?
* Find reasonably priced outdoor furniture
* Plant flowers in vases and in the ground around the area
* Colorful outdoor rug and strand lights/globes
I love the lights and the atmosphere in this patio, although I don't know about the fire pit!
4. Turn our front porch into a cozy place to hang out with Aidan. This is literally a blank slate. We have nothing on our front patio. :(
* Rocking chairs or other porch furniture
* Flower stands
* Decorations of some type to add punches of color
I feel a little stressed out all ready by all of this! But, I'm up to the challenge. I am slowly starting to love our home and now feel comfortable having people over. Still, there are things I want to change and improve. I'm excited for this challenge and hope that I actually pull through! The hardest part will be figuring out where to start.... ?
Wish me luck!