It's hard to believe how fast time is flying. I'm still in shock that Aidan has had his first birthday. But, now we're more than two months past that big event!
He is becoming more curious, adventurous and silly everyday! And to be honest, quite a handful for this Mama.
Aidan is finally starting to grow. At his one year check-up he was only in the 8th percentile for weight, but I have a feeling (even though he's still a skinny guy) that he will have moved up in the ranks by his 18 month appointment.
Here's what's new:
* Aidan is running everywhere. Literally... everywhere! I am amazed at how quickly his little legs can carry him from point A to point B. He has been walking for over 3 months now!
* He is starting to say more words, such as: bir (bird), duck, Mama, Dada, dat (that), cheese, mum mum (a snack we give him), up, down and shoes.
* This little guy is obsessed with bath time. It's probably his favorite part of the day. When you ask him if he wants to take a bath, he'll run into the bathroom and try to get into the tub!
* His second favorite activity? Brushing his teeth. A few months ago Aidan hated this, but now he LOVES it! We let him "brush" them for a little bit, then we take over to ensure that they actually get clean. It works out wonderfully.
* If you ask Aidan to point to his mouth, leg, foot, arm, hand or belly- he does. He loves to pull up his shirt for belly so that we can blow raspberries on it or tickle him. He is a very ticklish boy!
* Even though he doesn't say many words, he understands a lot. We can ask him to bring us virtually any toy, book or object and he knows what we are saying. :)
* See this mouth? Yea, this mouth is an issue. Why?
Well, for one thing he likes to stick his shoes in his mouth. And chew on them. Usually when we're in the car. It is so disgusting! Also, he tries to put almost anything in it. For instance, the other day Aidan opened up the trash can, grabbed an old cheez-it sitting on top of the trash and ate it. He was so proud of himself for scavenging for food. I was trying not to throw up. Gross!
* He is starting to wave hello and goodbye when he sees people he knows or when we enter/leave a store.
* Aidan knows who his two best friends are and gives them hugs and kisses when he sees them.
* The little man has conquered the furniture. He gets very excited and claps when he is able to pull himself up onto a couch or chair. We are teaching him the proper way to get down, but sometimes he wants to just go kamikaze and launch himself off head first. Not good.
* He is also interested in feeding himself with utensils. He hasn't mastered it yet, but claps for himself whenever he is successful. :)
* Aidan absolutely loves our pets (2 dogs, 2 cats) and kisses them every morning when he wakes up. He has a blast chasing our little dog around the furniture. They are a riot to watch!
* And finally, when I ask him to "kiss the baby" he pulls up my shirt and kisses my belly. *heart*
I love my little man. He is going to be a GREAT big brother!