What's new around these parts, you ask?
Well, let's see...
* Aidan graduated from level 1 to level 2 swimming classes today. We are so proud of him!! They can't start level 3 until they are 30 months old, so we may do level 2 for a bit then call it quits until he is a little older.
* I'm headed to a scrapbooking party tonight. I'm excited! Although, I'm not actually going to be scrapbooking. I am making 3 pieces of wall art for Aidan's new room and I thought I'd take this chance to work on that this evening while I have the time. Pizza + friends + craftiness = super fun!
* Jason and I just realized that I never put in a new trash bag after I emptied the trash can yesterday. Whoops! There were all kinds of goodies in there including ketchup covered chicken nuggets, milk cartons and some yogurt cups. Dinner anyone? He's out back spraying out the trash can with our hose as I type. What a good guy! I guess that means I can chalk another "oops" up to my pregnancy/mama brain. Does it EVER stop?!
* Aidan's toddler bed is up and running. Well, except for a mattress. I take the mattress out of his crib during the day so that he can hang out on his big boy bed. Which he calls his "big bed boy"... Ha ha! He really enjoys it so far. I haven't tried to institute nap time yet in the new bed. I think we'll wait until the start of August for that to begin.
* It was the end of an era for me on Thursday night/Friday morning. This preggo stayed up WAAAY past her bedtime, we're talking about 5 hours past bedtime, to say farewell to Harry Potter and company. I've always thought these movies deserved the respect (and insanity!) of being seen at midnight, so I couldn't let my pregnancy be an excuse to NOT see the final chapter in all of its glory at 12 am. It surely didn't disappoint and I was extremely happy with how the film was made. (Although I still hate that stupid Epilogue and wish JKR hadn't put it in the book or in the movie... but I digress...) I hope to see it again soon!
* We've got a busy week coming up and then next Friday we are headed to Dallas to visit with friends for the weekend. Their son is turning one at the beginning of August, so it will be fun to see how he and Aidan interact.
* I hit the big 32 week mark of my pregnancy this past Thursday. Time is flying by! Oh, and if you're interested, my baby weighs the same as a jicama (3.5 pounds!). I had NO idea what this was and had to look it up... Apparently a jicama is a sweet, root vegetable that looks like a giant turnip! This kiddo is also almost 17 inches long. The baby is a disco dancer inside my uterus, I tell ya! I constantly see and feel that little butt jiggling around and those legs don't disappoint with karate kicks to my bladder! I've also seen the baby's hand push through my stomach three times now, which is very weird and awesome all at the same time. :)
I think that's about it for now. I hope you're all enjoying your weekends!
Until next time,
Is This Thing On?
5 days ago