* I am exhausted. This pregnant lady woke up at 2 am and never managed to fall back asleep. It's going to be a LOOONG day, people.
* Aidan and I are taking it easy. We took a shower, ate breakfast and are hanging out in the playroom. We were supposed to meet some friends for a walk and playtime at the Mall, but I had to cancel. There was no way that was going to be happening with me functioning on 3 hours of sleep.
* My little man is sitting in his rocking chair reading a book. :)
* The dogs are at my feet. I love our pups, but sometimes wish they'd give me a bit more space. Especially our 60 pound Boxer who thinks he is the size of a chihuahua and whose daily attempts at laying in my (very small) lap are getting a bit annoying.
* I am mucous plug free. Woohoo! Although, I lost mine 3 weeks before Aidan made an appearance, so who knows what that really means?!
* This preggo really needs some chocolate and caffeine and a back rug and a nap. Can anybody help me with this one?
* I'm trying to decide what to accomplish today. I have a few projects that I'd really like to finish up before baby, I just need the motivation to actually complete them. I may end up putting them on the backburner for tomorrow. I guess we'll just have to see how the day goes.
My little man is growing up right before my very eyes. Everyday brings a new experience, adventure, reaction and slew of words.
At the beginning of the month he turned 18 months old. In fact, he'll be 19 months old next week. On the baby's due date, actually.
It's fairly hard for me to digest that my little guy is closer to 2 than he is to 1 these days. But, I'm so incredibly proud of the individual he is becoming.
Here are some things I love about Aidan:
* He always wants to take his shirt off when he eats. My guy is not a fan of bibs, so he'd rather eat sans shirt than wearing something around his neck. I'll take it off depending on what he's eating at the time. Spaghetti? Yes! Fruit? No.
* His huge heart for animals. Aidan has never met an animal that he didn't love, even though some do NOT love him. He was scratched by a cat at the vet a few weeks ago and was extremely upset. It wasn't that he got hurt, but the surprise that this animal did not immediately love him in return was too much for him to bear.
* The way he says "thank you" whenever he hands something to anybody (including the dogs). He does it because WE say thank you to HIM when he gives us something. So now he thinks that is what HE should say when he presents anybody with an item. It's adorable.
* Aidan loves to help. From feeding the dogs every morning to unloading the dishwasher to folding laundry to getting the mail. He always wants to give me a hand with whatever it is that I'm doing. And the best part is that he actually IS helpful!
* We get the mail everyday. Sometimes it's the only time we leave the house since it's so hot out. Aidan loves these trips and can't wait to walk the 3 houses down to retrieve the mail with Mommy. The house in front of the mailbox has large pine trees in the front yard and Aidan makes it his mission to bring a pinecone home with him everyday. I have saved almost all of them.
* Aidan's comprehension is remarkable. He understands much more than I give him credit for at times. If you give him simple instructions, he is almost always able to follow through. From turning on the switch for the fan to bringing me the dog dish to putting away toys- he understands it all!
* He loves his Daddy. Everyday before Jason leaves for work he gives Aidan a high-five. Then after he walks out the door he walks over to our front window where Aidan is waiting. They then wave goodbye to each other and give "the rock" through the window. Melts my heart I tell ya!
* I love our nightly cuddle sessions. It is Aidan and Mommy time, nobody else will do. He leans up against me in the couch, holds my hand, drinks his milk and watches Baby Einstein. I live for those moments.
* He has a very large vocabulary. Jason and I are regularly impressed by things Aidan says and what he can point out to us. Sometimes I think he gets frustrated because we are unsure of a new word he is saying. With time I know that he'll be able to enunciate better so that we know exactly what he is saying!
I am so proud of my little man. I know that there are so many other amazing things that he does, but it's just too hard to list them all. They seem to grow so quickly these days that it's almost too hard to keep up with it all. Everyday is a new beginning, a new adventure and a new chapter in his little life.
Recovering from our very busy day yesterday which consisted of swimming lessons, lots of play time, a Momma who wasn't feeling very great for the better part of the day, an evening party, followed by an after party, a DQ ice cream cake run at 11:30pm and ending with us getting home close to 2 am. Yikes!
Jason was a dear and let me sleep in (Sunday is usually his weekend day to catch a few extra Zzz's) while he wrangled Aidan this morning.
The little man spent the morning playing with his new favorite toy (the he received almost 7 months ago for his birthday!), his Little People Zoo. He absolutely loves the animals and enjoys placing them in the different parts of the Zoo, putting them in the laundry basket and taking them for "rides" around the house.
It's 1 pm and we're still in our pj's. At some point we have to change since there are some errands that have to be run.
Jason and I are talking about baby's impending arrival. When is baby going to come?! I need to know! The anticipation is killing me. :)
I am trying to enjoy every moment that I can with our little family of three before we welcome our newest child. Aidan is getting showered with hugs, kisses and attention- probably a little more than usual.
We still have a few small things to get done around the house, but nothing that is imperative right this very moment. We're just taking it easy. Enjoying each other's company. Like the calm before the storm that is a newborn.
Today I thought I'd focus on my favorite season, Fall! Even though it's supposed to be 105 degrees today, I'm still dreaming of sweatshirts, jeans and the leaves changing color. Unfortunately Fall doesn't start here in Houston until late October, but a girl can dream, right?
* I'm still only dilated 1 centimeter. We went to the doctor last Friday and there hasn't been any progression. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I don't want the baby to come right now. In fact if the baby could come on its actual due date, I'd be quite pleased. Aidan was prompt and arrived just when I requested that he would- after the Super Bowl. After I watched my man Peyton Manning lose to the Saints (well played Drew Brees, well played), I went into labor no less than 2 hours later. My little man was a Mama's boy from the start!
* Today is the 34th day in a row of 100+ degree temperatures here in Houston. (Come on, admit it, you're jealous!) To say that this weather is becoming unbearable and overwhelming would be an understatement. When you walk out of your house and your lungs feel like they're on fire from simply taking a breath of air, you know it's TOO HOT! This heat, plus being in the very late stages of pregnancy, is really taking its toll on my body. I'm getting exhausted very quickly these days. :(
* Yesterday I took Aidan to the Aquarium with some friends. He had a great time! The little man loves fish (or as he calls them, "pish"), so he was excited to see all of the really big ones in their tanks. It was the first day of school for the big kids, which gave us the whole place to ourselves. The kids could run around and we didn't have to wait in line for anything. We rode on the carousel and ferris wheel, took a train ride through the Shark Encounter exhibit, got to meet a sloth named Patches and even saw a white tiger! It was a good day. We both took nice naps when we got home.
* We have no food in our house. Seriously. The past two nights we've eaten out or had takeout. Last night it was Vietnamese and the night before we dined at Panera. And this morning Aidan and I had mini quiches and pineapple for breakfast, leftovers from a party I threw this weekend. This is very unlike us... I've just been too tired to make a trip to the store. One of Jason's former coworkers is in town on business this week and he is most likely coming over for dinner tonight. Looks like I'll be headed out to the grocery today whether I like it or not!
* Speaking of parties I threw this weekend, I'm now a consultant for Discovery Toys. It happened by accident, but I think it'll turn out to be a good thing. Right now it's just something else added to my all ready overflowing plate. More on that later.
* I finally packed my bags for the hospital, as well as Aidan's overnight bag for while we're away. I figured it was about time. I'm surprised at how little I'm taking with me. Last time Jason had to make TWO trips from the car to my room to bring in all of the junk that we brought with us. Three quarters of it we never even used. I guess you learn, huh?
* Aidan starts playschool in two weeks. (That's what we're calling his Mother's Day Out program). I've bought his backpack, folder and lunchbox all ready. We go in for a teacher meet and greet next week and parent orientation is scheduled for the first day of school. Hopefully the baby will come AFTER all of this, because I do NOT want to miss out on these moments with Aidan.
I've been on a roll with my sewing... well, if you can call it "on a roll", since I've only been sewing for two weeks. But, I've all ready made four pillows!
Here are my latest creations:
Aren't they pretty? I've started making kitchen/ breakfast room curtains (out of the same fabric as the small green pillow- I want to tie the rooms together with the living room), and they are going well. I'm getting a little fancy and risky by lining them with muslin, so that they don't fade from all of the sunlight they'll receive.
It's so exciting to be able to create something that turns out so well and looks like I actually bought it! And the best part? It probably took me a total of 30 minutes to make BOTH of my newest pillows. Hurrah!
Items Not Able to Achieve:
8- Unfortunately I can't do it all and some things were just not attainable this time around.
77 items that I need to start AND finish
15 items that I need to finish
It's awesome to see how much that has happened in this past year. It's been a busy, exciting, fun and productive one, that's for sure! There's still a whole lot to complete in two years, though. But, I'm up to the challenge!
Oh, and did you notice the little lilypie ticker at the top of my page today? Yep, I'm 37 weeks. As in full term! Baby could be here any day now.... :)
Since getting engaged on Friday, I've been thinking a lot about our upcoming wedding (which will take place in Ohio sometime next summer). I've taken to scouring Pinterest in the evenings for inspiration.
Here are some of my ideas so far:
Ceremony/Reception site~ Lodge at Geneva on the Lake
Hi, I'm Emily. Proud wife and stay-at-home-mama to my two little men and one sweet baby girl. Etsy shop owner, amateur sewer, crafter, chef, and home decorator. Target and Pinterest junkie. Lover of animals, DIY projects, books, blogs, rocky road ice cream, movies and a good deal. Life is beautiful!