At the time, I was in a Fall kinda mood and needed to escape from the 100+ degree weather lurking outside our closed doors.
Since it's not September (and only 85+ degrees!), I thought it was time to put some of my fabulous Fall-inspired pins to the test! This guy was the first one that I tested out.
I tweaked it a bit to better suit what I had on hand, as well as my taste buds, and it came out just right. :)
Here's what you need to get started:
I used whipped cream cheese, instead of the traditional block variety. It was a convenient swap, as I didn't even need to use a mixer to get the right creamy consistency for the filling.
I also decided to omit the pumpkin pie spice in the topping and switched it up with a cinnamon/sugar combination. My inner Snickerdoodle lover was very pleased with the results. ;)
Now for the recipe:
Mini Pumpkin Croissants
4 oz. whipped cream cheese
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
3 Tbs sugar
2 cans crescent rolls
4 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar and spice until creamy and fluffy.
3. Unroll crescent rolls and slice each in half lengthwise. Top with cream cheese mixture.
4. Roll crescents starting with the wider side, into small croissants. Roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture until completely coated.
5. Bake for 16 minutes until lightly browned.
You can find a printable version of the recipe here.
Go on, you know you want to rush to your kitchen and whip up these little bites of Autumn goodness. ;)
P.S. Be sure to check out my awesome giveaway- a Vintage Tweet necklace from Mama's Nest Designs!